Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Pinky Promise" Blog Story Tour, Review of Chapter One, AND author INTERVIEW.

Title: Pinky Promise?
Genre: Young Adult Supernatural Romance
Author: Natalie Valdes
Summary:
Do you believe in heaven or hell? Angels or Demons? Ghosts, or even second chances at life?
Losing someone is one of the hardest things imaginable, for Jaylynn-first it was her father-and then it was him. The one that had been her first love, the one that had given her the highest hopes towards a wonderful future together, forever.
He, who had promised her he would never leave her just as her father had. Jace, the war hero. High School senior, Jaylynn doesn't know how to cope with this new loss, and when Jagger-a boy that reminds her entirely too much of Jace enters her world- trouble will brew as secrets and mysteries are unraveled.
 

-I along with a few others are joining this blog event of one of my good friend's Natalie's Blog story. This is a book, but it will be published on her blog found here for FREE and all to view until it's release in September. EVERY TWO WEEKS, a new chapter will be posted. Those that don't want to buy the full edition can wait the gruesome every two weeks or buy the full copy to skip ahead of everyone in SEPTEMBER.

CHAPTER ONE WAS POSTED TODAY HERE!
                                                      http://natalievaldes.blogspot.com/


MY REVIEW:

-The prologue starts off with a young male with hazel eyes that has gone through what seemed a difficult family life, it ends badly  with him dying already leaving you with many unanswered questions. There is much talk of death, and even as chapter one begins it continues. You feel Jaylynn's losses and it get's to you wondering why she had to deal with something this horrible. Her young and what seemed handsome military fiance is dead, and once Jaylynn goes back to high school to continue her life as a senior, a new guy enters her world who reminds her a lot of her war hero recently deceased fiance. The chapter ends here with the introduction of this hot and mysterious guy leaving you with a feeling of, that's it? I want to know more! So many unanswered questions, like what's the supernatural element in the story? Is their a ghost, an angel, a vampire? Argh, Stay tuned for Chapter Two Review. And don't forget to join this blog event!


INTERVIEW

1.Is this story about your dad, I read your dedication and I'm wondering if anything we're going to see in the story is true? Great question Lauren. Yes and No.Did my dad do what was said in the prologue or chapter one, No. He was though, I must sadly admit an alcoholic, and I thought adding the dangers of the use of this drug was necessary in a young adult novel. People should see the dangers. This of course isn't a major theme in the story, but it's a small one.

2. I know your husband, James is in the military, are you ever afraid of him not making it home one day? God yes, that is my biggest fear every single day of my life. It's a huge paranoia of mine. I have the poor guy call me every hour or so just to let me know how things are going. Losing him would be unbearable.

3. You married young, and Jaylynn planned on doing so as well in the story, how do you feel about marrying so young. Do you recommend it? I wont say I recommend it, but honestly it all has to do with what circumstances you're in. If you love someone and can't bear the sight of not being with them, than I guess you must. If he had not joined the military I wouldn't have married so young. But, I know he's the one.

4. Will you reveal who or what supernatural element is part of this story? I'm sorry, but that is for me to know and all of you to find out! 

5. On your upcoming release of Nirvana, which book did you have more fun writing? This one for sure. I found it more original. 





4 comments:

  1. I like the pink title pic, pretty and romantic!Greetings from China, nice to know you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I married pretty young too great advice. I will have to check out her book haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting article and truly i enjoyed this write up... I am going to follow you on twitter.
    Website Domain Name

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're considering switching to green energy sources, the easiest thing you can do is call up your current electric provider and see if the offer green energy. Many electric companies offer these power sources to their customers. They may cost a bit more, however, to offset the amount of money they would've had to invest in the sources.mata Bhajan

    ReplyDelete